What is Kresitan®?
Kresitan® is high-quality product for enhancing growth parameters.
Kresitan® contains somatropin, a biosynthetic human growth hormone which is identical to the growth hormone that naturally produced in the body. Growth hormone helps children to grow.
It is indicated to treat children with:
- Growth failure due to growth hormone deficiency (GHD)
- Growth failure in girls due to gonadal dysgenesis (Turner syndrome)
- Growth retardation in prepubertal children due to chronic renal disease
- Growth disturbance (current height SDS < -2.5 and parental adjusted height SDS < -1) in short children born small for gestational age (SGA), with a birth weight and/or length below -2 SD, who failed to show catch-up growth (HV SDS < 0 during the last year) by 4 years of age or later
- Growth failure due to Noonan syndrome
It is also indicated for adults with growth hormone disorders (see below – Highlights).
Kresitan® is solution for injection in convenient injection pens (5 mg and 10 mg).
Kresitan® should only be prescribed by doctors with special knowledge of the therapeutic indication of use.
Kresitan® is renowned for its exceptional quality
Kresitan® combines this remarkable quality with an affordable price
Kresitan® takes pride in being locally produced, supporting the local economy
- Its widespread availability in all pharmacies ensures convenient access for all
How is it given?
Kresitan® is taken via daily injection into the skin. Inject your daily dose into the skin every evening just before bedtime.
Pens come pre-filled and use some of the finest needles available.
Store in a refrigerator (2°C – 8°C) in the outer carton, in order to protect it from light. Do not freeze. Do not store close to any cooling elements.
After first opening: Store for a maximum of 4 weeks in a refrigerator (2°C – 8°C).
Alternatively, the medicinal product may be stored for a maximum of 3 weeks below 25°C.
Do not freeze.
What is growth?
Physical growth refers to the increases in height and weight and other body changes that happen as kids mature.
Measuring the growth of infants and children is an important part of child health surveillance.
Normal growth is the result of many factors, including nutrition, genetics, and hormones. If your child’s doctor has concerns about your child’s growth, he or she may refer you to a pediatric endocrinologist. This is a doctor who specializes in growth and hormone problems.
The specialist may order further tests.
Most likely, the doctor will start with a review of your child’s and your family’s medical history. He or she may also review your child’s growth chart and complete a full physical examination.
To help gain a better picture, he or she may also order blood and lab tests. These can be used to rule out possible medical conditions that can cause poor growth.
If the doctor suspects that your child is not making enough growth hormone, he or she may also do a growth hormone stimulation test.
Kresitan® is used as a growth hormone replacement in adults:
In adults Kresitan® is used to replace growth hormone if their growth hormone production has been decreased since childhood or has been lost in adulthood because of a tumor, treatment of a tumor or a disease that affects the gland which produces growth hormone. If you have been treated for growth hormone deficiency during childhood, you will be retested after completion of growth. If growth hormone deficiency is confirmed, you should continue treatment.
Do not use Kresitan®:
- If you are allergic to somatropin or other ingredients of Kresitan®
- If you had kidney transplantation
- If there is an active tumor (cancer) in your body. Tumors must be inactive and you must have finished your anti- tumor treatment before you start your treatment with Kresitan®.
- If you have an acute critical illness, like any surgeries or acute respiratory failure.
- If you have stopped growing (closed epiphyses) and you do not have growth hormone deficiency.
How can we help?
For more information on Kresitan®, please call
+994 12 310 52 19
- Kresitan® available in all pharmacies in the country
- Kresitan® available in online pharmacies (Məlhəm.az)