What is Laraglan®?
Laraglan® is liraglutide – glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) analogues.
- Pre-filled pen
- 18 mg/ 3 ml solution for injection
Liraglutid is drugs used in diabetes.
Laraglan® is indicated for the treatment of adults, adolescents and children aged 10 years and above with insufficiently controlled type 2 diabetes mellitus as an adjunct to diet and exercise:
- As monotherapy when metformin is considered inappropriate due to intolerance or contraindications
- In addition to other medicinal products for the treatment of diabetes
- Lowers fasting and postprandial blood glucose levels in patients with type 2 diabetes
- Improves glycemic control
- Reduces body weight
- Reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases
- 24 hour duration
Laraglan® should only be prescribed by doctors.
Is high-quality product
Is local production product
Is product with affordable price
Is product available in all pharmacies in the country
How is it given?
The starting dose is 0.6 mg once a day, for at least one week
Dose should be increased to 1.2 mg once a day
Depending on the clinical response after at least one week, the dose may be increased to 1.8 mg to further improve glycemic control
Laraglan® is administered
• Once daily at any time, independent of meals
• Injection under the skin (subcutaneous)
• Best places to give yourself the injection are the front of your thighs, the front of your waist (abdomen), or your upper arm
Do not inject it into a vein or muscle.
If you forget to use Laraglan®
If you forget a dose, use Laraglan® as soon as you remember.
However, if it is more than 12 hours since you should have used Laraglan®, skip the missed dose. Then take your next dose as usual the following day.
Do not take an extra dose or increase the dose on the following day to make up for the missed dose.
If you stop using Laraglan®
Do not stop using Laraglan® without talking to your doctor. If you stop using it, your blood sugar levels may increase.
Store in a refrigerator (2°C–8°C). Do not freeze. Store away from the freezer compartment.
After first use: Store below 30°C or store in a refrigerator (2°C–8°C). Do not freeze.
Keep the cap on the pen in order to protect from light.
Do not use Laraglan®
- If you are allergic to liraglutide or any of the other ingredients of this medicine
- If you have type 1 diabetes or diabetic ketoacidosis
- Tell your doctor if you are, you think you might be, or are planning to become pregnant. Melitid should not be used during pregnancy because it is not known if it may harm your unborn child
- It is not known if Melitid passes into breast milk, therefore do not use this medicine if you are breast- feeding
- If you have severe liver disease
If you have these conditions, inform your doctor
- The use of Laraglan® is not recommended if you have severe heart failure
- This medicine is not recommended if you have a severe stomach or gut problem which results in delayed stomach emptying (called gastroparesis), or inflammatory bowel disease
- If you have symptoms of acute pancreatitis, such as persistent, severe stomach ache, you should consult your doctor immediately
- If you have thyroid disease including thyroid nodules and enlargement of the thyroid gland, consult your doctor
This medicine contains less than 1 mmol sodium (23 mg) per dose. This means that it is essentially ‘sodium free’.
How can we help?
For more information on Laraglan®, please call +994 12 310 52 19
- Laraglan® available in all pharmacies in the country
- Laraglan® available in online pharmacies (Məlhəm.az)